Colony Club

The Colony Club was one of the earliest social clubs in New York City created specifically for women. The current clubhouse on Park Avenue, is part of the Upper East Side Historic District. Designed by Delano & Aldrich, the 1916 Neo-Georgian building features a double-height portico, a slate mansard roof, and a carved marble balustrade.

Working with the Colony Club’s Preservation Foundation, Li/Saltzman created a phased master plan for restoration, addressing life-safety, material condition, and coordination with projected mechanical upgrades. Phase One of the project consisted of the full replacement of the red-slate mansard roof and walls, dormer windows, copper gutters and included the addition of a snow guard/slate catch system and fall arrest system, as well as new terrace paving, lighting, and awnings. Subsequent phases will continue to restore the architectural integrity of this elegant landmark building.